Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The three month update.....

I've been in San Francisco for three months, now, officially. It is strange to think we've already been here that long. I still feel like I barely know my own neighborhood, let alone know the lay of the entire land just yet. I know that I love going to the Ferry Building on Saturday mornings, arriving with an empty tote bag and leaving with it full of strawberries and the most delicious peaches and corn and Acme bread and Cowgirl Creamery cheese. I love getting a pastry at Frog Hollow Farms and a cup of coffee and sitting on the benches near the water, then schlepping home for a nap before heading out again. I love walking around on my lunch break in Union Square and going into Neiman Marcus to ogle the $600 shoes. I love getting sushi on Polk Street, and I especially love when it is half price sake time. I love hitting up the subterranean wine bar around the corner from our house, and I love that we're on a first name basis with the owners now. I love walking through Chinatown to North Beach, and over to Union Street for some window shopping. I love that there are a million galleries just on my street alone, and a million more around the corner. I love that Napa and Sonoma and Monterey and Big Sur are all a stone's throw away.

I don't love my job, but that's okay. I went ahead and got a new one, and I start right after we get back from Hawaii in a few weeks. I don't love that I can't wear 4 inch heels to walk around, and that saddens me, but I'm trying to get used to it.

I feel lucky to have a home. I feel lucky to know where my family is. I feel lucky to be safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home