Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Hola

Hey there. So yes, it's been exactly 15 days since my last post, and what can I say? I've turned into a slacker when it comes to this site. I've also become a slacker when it comes to returning my friends' emails and phone calls, as well as hanging out with anyone besides my desk and computer Sunday through Friday. The Office is a demanding mistress, and I simply don't see an end in sight. To further stress me out, several people have been fired in the last few weeks, and one person announced today that she is giving notice. This is a major for an office with only about 20 people on staff. I fear it truly is all going to hell in a handbasket.

In better news, the Peanut and I are leaving tomorrow for Lesly's wedding, so I will have four fabulous days away from here. Joy! I must pack tonight, a task that does not bring me much pleasure. I am fucking awesome when it comes to underpacking, overpacking, packing the wrong things, packing summery clothes when it's actually 50 degrees...it's sad. It's even more sad because you would think that I would be the packing queen for all of the traveling that I do. I did buy a big honking Coach carry on, which has brought me much pleasure. It fits my snazzy red neck pillow, my toiletries bag, my magazines and books, and pretty much anything else I need to stuff in there. I refuse to put anything in the overheard, so shoving it under the seat in front of me is not so much fun, and I'm convinced I'm going to get bitch slapped by one of those testy flight attendants, but so far I've lucked out.

The Peanut has taken up knitting recently, which is great because a) he's a fidgety guy, and the knitting has calmed his fidgeting ways and b) he's knitting stuff for me, so bonus! His hobby produces gifts for me, and I like that concept. He should totally take up diamond mining for his next hobby. To balance things out, I'm sure he'd like me to let you all know that he also enjoys guns, knives and Scotch.

Hmmm. It's taken me about an hour to write this, because my job? It sucks. Hopefully I'll have lots of fun tales to share of wedding goodness next week. Bye, y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home