Thursday, February 17, 2005

We're not talking about it

Because I cannot write about That Which Plagues Me, I will write about everything else, but know this, dear friends, That Which Plagues Me is likely to creep its way into most of my thoughts, so look sharp for those little nasty beads of negativity.
I'm leaving for DC tonight, and am so very excited. I'm all packed and organized and prepared for what I hope will be a restful night of sleep on the plane. I finally caved in and bought one of those snazzy little squishy neck pillows that seem to be all the rage with frequent fliers these days. I've procured a little pill to pop before we take off. I'll grab some sushi with the Peanut before I go to the airport so I won't be hungry. I will do all of these things because I need to hit the ground running once in DC, as there is much to do. There is so much to do that I can't imagine squeezing it into three days, but I'm sure it will be fun to try. Tomorrow there is lunch followed by shopping followed by happy hour followed by dinner followed by a bar or two. Saturday there will be visits to some of my old haunts, and then the bachelorette goodness kicks in. Dinner and clubs, with 19 of us in tow. It will be grand. Sunday there is a throwback to my college days with brunch at The Front Page (how many Sundays did we spend there, our little group, drinking champs until 3 and then going back to someone's house to watch movies and nap?). I'm checking out of the hotel on Sunday and spending Sunday night at Lesly's, and then it's back on the plane Monday morning. And then there will be work the following day, that bitch.

I've managed to fix the bridesmaid dress issue, by just going and buying an entire new dress in the same color as the old one. I will sell the old one on Ebay or something. I actually really like the new dress...it's strapless, tea length, empire waist, A-line...it's really quite adorable. And while Jillian and Shari and I will all be wearing different dresses, they are the same color and the same material. So it all worked out in the end, you see? We're going to the counters at Neiman's on Saturday to decide on make-up and hair, and we still have to get earrings, but other than that, everything is taken care of.

I seem to be developing some sort of weird eye infection, which sucks. I recently started wearing contacts again because I was just getting sick of wearing my glasses, cute as they are. I don't know if this eye thing is related to the contacts or what, but my eye, it hurts. I'm trying to get in to see my eye doctor this afternoon, hoping that they can wave a magic wand and make it go away.

Have a fabulous weekend, all of you. I'll be sure to catch you up on all of the DC gossip when I return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home