Friday, January 14, 2005

TGIF, Bitches

I am so very, very glad that it is Friday. The past two weeks have been insane at work, and I have a fear that this is setting the tone for the rest of the year. The piles of work on my desk keep growing, and every time I start to work on a project, something else comes up. I've resorted to writing to-do lists, so that I have some sense of accomplishment each day when I can scratch off one of the eleventy million things I have written down. It's not pretty. And does no one in upper management see the irony in having two meetings this week that were essentially about time management? Don't they see that the fact that they force me to attend multiple meetings every day cuts into my, you know, work time? On Wednesday I spent six out of the nine hours at work in a meeting. It's so very, very stupid.
But alas, it is Friday, and it's finally stopped raining here, and the weather is beautiful. Last weekend I barely left the house because I didn't feel like trudging through six inches of water to get to my car, but this weekend...WOO! I mean, I'm not going to like, freak out, and drink tequila and snort coke off a stripper's ass, but I am going to happy hour tonight with some friends, and then wine tasting tomorrow. Maybe dinner and a movie tomorrow night, and Sunday JR and I are going shopping. So you know, that kind of WOO!.
I've also gone back to the gym in the last few weeks, and I've apparently done something really, really bad to my knee. In Spinning last night I had a little twinge in my left knee at the beginning of class, but it went away by the time I had finished. This morning, though, I feel like my knee might just break right off and crawl away and die. It really hurts. I've never had any sports-related injuries before, so I'm unclear what to do. Ice? Heat? Stop wearing four inch heels everyday? Liquor? If any of you have some idea, do so let me know. Otherwise, I may just hobble around forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home