Friday, November 12, 2004

Home

Well, I'm back from almost a month straight of traveling. This week I was in Pennsylvania for a family reunion/birthday party, which was a good time. It is so interesting to go home, isn't it? I don't mean "home" in the sense of the house where my parents live, but "home" as in the town in which I grew up. It never fails to make me so very thankful that I got out of there when I did, because so many people just stayed and didn't go to college and had babies really young and work at Wal-Mart. It's insanity. I know that everyone has a path in life, but I feel so claustrophobic when I think of that life. I ran into an old friend who caught me up on some of our old crew, and I found out that one person who was really important in my life at one point is in jail, and a few people are dead.
It was so cool, though, to see my family all together. Some folks came from San Diego and Denver and Philadelphia, and we had a blast. My family is very laid back, so there was much food and drink and this and that. Good, good times. My grandpap, who turned 80 over the weekend (along with my dad, who turned 53), was so pleased that everyone made the effort to be there. I did some shopping, and momma and I went to lunch a few times. My sister and her boyfriend came from New Jersey with their ball of fur, Koda. The Peanut wasn't able to come back with me as he had a project due, so he was missed. In any case, I've been away from home for too long, and I am totally excited to have two whole weeks without a bit of travel. Peanut and I are going out with friends tonight, and then wine tasting, dinner and a movie tomorrow. I've also purchased a new down comforter that is the softest, fluffiest thing ever, and I can't wait to snuggle under it. Home is good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home