Thursday, October 28, 2004

Mother. Teacher. Secret Lover.

I really like TV. No, seriously. A lot. While the Peanut and I do lots of fun things on the weekends, weeknights are all about the television. I used to be all "kill your television" in my youth, and didn't even own a TV for a few years, and then when I did have a one, I didn't have cable for a few more. I used to be all about film, and had (have) quite the movie collection, but now I cave to the warm fuzzy goodness of television. I have some old favorites that I always watch. Namely, every variation of Law and Order. The Simpsons. Any kind of makeover show, including What Not to Wear (by far my favorite) and Queer Eye. I'm a huge fan of the Food Network, and as long as it's not one of those stupid list shows (Top 5 hamburgers! Everything you've ever wanted to know about Twinkies!), I'll watch most things on there. Except anything involving Emeril or Rachael Ray, or that fucked up show whose tagline is: "Make it semi-homemade". Cause bitch is crazy. I like Comedy Central a lot, especially South Park, Mad TV reruns, and The Daily Show (did y'all see Jon Stewart on Crossfire? Because I heart Jon Stewart, and he totally handed Tucker Carlson his ass, and called him a prick. Comedy gold, my friends, comedy gold). I tend to be very suspicious of new shows. I don't like to add anything to my repetoire, because let's face it, I already have quite a bit going on. It's hard for me to catch up on everything stored on my DVR, because there aren't enough hours in the day, mostly. But this season, there is a new show that I've become obsessed with. Like, I can't wait until it comes on, and then when it's over? I'm sad. I'm talking about Lost, of course (props to Amalah for inspiring me to write about the best. show. ever.). Are you all watching? Because you should be. It is so very, very good. There is mystery and intrigue and fantastic story lines and interesting characters. Every week a new layer is revealed, and it's become pastime among my Lost-watching friends and I to discuss what exactly is going on. Because it's super mysterious. We all have our theories, and all seem plausible, until you watch the next episode and realize that your theories are crap. Goddamn it, I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home