Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Hey look! Two subjects that have nothing to do with each other!

Is anyone else incredibly creeped out by the new Burger King commercial where the King himself is in bed with some guy eating a breakfast sandwich? And the King kind of looks a little like King Friday from Mr. Rogers? That is the stuff nightmares are made of, my friend. I also really, really hate every single Carl's Jr commercial that was ever made, because why should I be enticed by some dirty frat boy who smells his disgusting shoes while thinking about doing laundry, and then takes a big 'ol bite of his burger, which just happens to be dripping all over his shirt? And there is always some macho guy talking about how men are simple and women don't understand them and don't they all just want to eat a bunch of big sloppy burgers (I'm generalizing here, so bare with me). Another problem I have with those of you in the marketing to the masses field of business (K, you do good work, so disregard), is the liberal use of the blaring alarm in commercials. What marketing genius decided that this particular sound will really, really make me want to eat your ho-ho's or swoops or whatever it is you're selling?Because people? It doesn't at all. I think that in the future I just need to DVR everything so that I can always fast forward through the commercials, because clearly? The commercials make me crazy in the head.
Thanks ever so much for letting me get all of that out.
So in the past four days I've done two Spinning classes, two Step classes and two weight sessions. Let me get it out there right now that I am not bragging. I am simply taking note of the fact that this is fucking ridiculous, and tonight I am going to order pizza and lay on the couch. In Spinning last night we did this thing called Twin Peaks. Let me paint you a picture: it's a 45 minute class, so the first five minutes we warm up, and then for the next fifteen minutes we do a standing climb, then a five minute recovery (and I use that term loosely), and then another fifteen minute standing climb. Then there's some stretching or something at the end, but by then I am incoherent and sweaty and smelly and can't really focus. Standing climbs are hard. And a half and hour of standing climbs? Not so much fun. I was toying around with taking a hip hop class tomorrow, but I've decided that I'm not quite ready to humiliate myself in that manner just yet. I also need to rope in several friends for back up, because I ain't doing that shit alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home